Time & Location
16-Jan-2024, 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm GMT+1
Grand Hotel Belvedere , Promenade 89, 7270 Davos, Switzerland
About the event
- Date: Tuesday January 16th
- Time: 8:00pm – 9:30pm
- Location: Grand Hotel Belvedere – Davos, Switzerland
- Format: Roundtable Dinner Discussion
Emerging markets are severely impacted by the triple crisis of debt, climate change and nature loss. However, this crisis is also an opportunity to bolster emerging economies’ green agenda and drive increased GDP, higher income per capita, create tens of millions of jobs, and foster collaboration between governments, businesses and local communities. To do so, it will be necessary to develop the right innovative financing mechanisms, fostering public-private partnerships and creating an enabling environment for investors. Therefore, the key question is: how can governments and investors can work together to ensure that emerging economies benefit from the green transition and create new jobs for the local population?
Identify and explore:
- The key challenges and opportunities presented by the triple crisis of debt, climate change and nature loss: how can the business community, local government and policy makers prepare and react to this crisis?
- The financial instruments that can drive better outcomes for green jobs and attract more investors in the long term
- Effective and scalable strategies to combine both public and private capital in risk markets
- Explore what ‘investment’ in green jobs means – i.e. long-term investment in communities, new models for partnerships, and possibly a new set of outcomes that build on and around the goal of reaching net zero.